Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

We have put together a list of questions frequently asked by our consultants (FAQ). Please do not hesitate to contact your recruitment consultant if any of your questions are not addressed below. You can contact us at

What kinds of jobs can i get as a student or young graduate?

We offer a variety of jobs that students can conveniently fit in with their schedules. These range from jobs with just a few hours a week to full-time assignments—during the day, in the evenings or at the weekends. The choice is all yours! For recent graduates, we offer an exciting selection of jobs in various areas of expertise. We want to be your preferred career partner. You have the option of either working full-time as a consultant or being directly recruited by one of our clients.

What kind of companies use your services?

Many companies get in touch with us because they know we specialize in connecting employers with young professionals. For job seekers, this means an abundance of attractive opportunities—from major financial businesses and leading telecom companies to smaller, more specialized companies in the public and private sectors.

Your job advertisements do not always specify the employer. Why is that?

Our customers come to us because they do not have the resources to take care of the recruitment process. For this reason, we do not always indicate the employer in jobs that we advertise as part of our staffing services. However, if you are called in for an interview for a part-time job or consulting assignment, you will be told what company is looking to hire staff.when we help companies recruit staff, we always indicate the employer in the job ad.

How do i apply for jobs through Academic Work?

Applying for a job through academic work is easy. You can apply for jobs after creating a user account, which only takes a few minutes. However, to improve your chances of being called in for an interview, you should upload your resume or fill out our online resume. If you enter your data online, your profile and skills will show up in our searches. When you find a position that interests you, click on “apply for this job” in the job ad. You will be asked to explain why you are the best candidate for the position. Your application will consist of your cover letter (motivation letter) and your online resume as well as the resume you may have uploaded.

What terms of employment apply to me as one of your consultants?

You are employed by Academic Work but will be working on-site at the premises of a client. We will pay your wages, social security contributions, taxes, and so on. You are covered by insurance policies governed by the relevant collective agreement, such as insurance against physical injury at the workplace and on your way to or from work. Your safety is important to us. Please do not hesitate to contact your recruitment adviser with any questions you many have.

What are the consultant salaries ?

Academic Work adheres to trade union tariffs and offers competitive salaries. The salary will vary depending on the type and scope of the assignment and previous experience required, among other factors.

When do i get my holiday pay?

Your holiday money will be paid for you when you keep your annual holiday or when your fixed contract ends.

How much can you earn as a student?

Typically, a part-time job is a way to supplement student aid or student loans or to cut down a student loan. To be able to plan your finances and avoid unpleasant surprises, it is important to keep tabs on how much you have earned. Visit for more information.

What are the benefits of working as a consultant for Academic Work?

You will gain invaluable work experience, earn money and establish a valuable network of contacts. Besides, working for us is fun! The experience you gain will be an asset throughout your career.

Working in Norway residence permit for an employed person

If you intend to work in Norway, you need a residence permit for an employed person if you are not allowed to work with another residence permit or without one. If you come from a country outside the EU/EEA and wish to work in Norway, you need a residence permit. If you do not already have a residence permit, you must apply for a residence permit for work. Find more information on

Del artikkelen